Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Thailand - day 42 (MHS)

Taas yksi päivä takana. Meillä oli tänään taksvärkkipäivä, joka kului oppilaskodilla pesten tyynyjä ja haravoiden puutarhaa. Me emme kuitenkaan tienanneet 10 euroa hyväntekeväisyyteen, vaan teimme täysin vapaaehtoistyötä. Minäkin olin tyttöjen kanssa, vaikka eihän opettajat yleensä Suomessa osallistu. Iltapäivällä Katriinalla oli kuitenkin kotitaloutta, joten vahdin sitten kauheassa helteessä pizzan valmistusta. Onneksi lopputulos oli jälleen hyvää, joten olin tyytyväinen. Päivä kului nyt jälkeen päin ajatellen siis lähinnä töissä, syödessä ja jutellessa. Melkein ideaalipäivä - paitsi tietenkin tuo työ-osuus...

Again another day is behind. Today we had a "taksvärkkipäivä" (a day's work). It's a day for the students to go and work - no "real" school. Usually kids in Finland do it for 10€ which goes for charity of some kind. For us it was voluntary work. We spent the day washing pillows and raking the garden around the student hostels. I was there also with the girls though usually teachers in Finland don't participate. Katriina had home ec in the afternoon though so I supervised as she made pizza in that nice heat. Luckily the results were great again so I was happy. So now when I look back, today was spent working, eating and talking. Almost an ideal day - except for the work of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment