Päivitin blogissa kaikki Irlannin reissun takia väliin jääneet päivät. Nyt 2,5 tuntia myöhemmin taidan olla lähes valmis...
Dawn came to pick us up at 10:30 am for a trip towards Cardiff. Dawn is a student nurse and she's coming to Hämeenlinna (our home town) in January. Our destination was St Fagans. St Fagans is an open-air museum of Welsh National History. On the museum premises there are over 40 historical buildings. Some of the buildings have been moved there, some have been built as close replicas as possible to the original buildings. Apart from the momentary rain, the weather was really nice.
I updated all the days that I had missed due to our trip to Ireland. Now 2,5 hours later I think I'm pretty much done...
Kukkotappeluareena. // Cockfight pit.
Kyllä, kirkonpenkissä istuminen oli yhtä epämukavaa kuin miltä se näyttääkin. Mutta mielenkiintoinen fakta: Jokaisen perheen piti itse rakentaa oma penkkinsä, joten penkit kirkossa olivat kaikki hieman erilaisia. //
Yes, sitting in the pew was as uncomfortable as it looks. But an interesting fact: Each family had to build their own pew so all the pews in the church were slightly different.
Lovespoon eli rakkauslusikka on vanha Walesiläinen perinne. Mies teki aina rakastetulleen ennen kosintaa koristeellisen lusikan. Tytön isälle oli tärkeää nähdä, pystyikö nuori mies elättämään perheen ja oliko hän kykenevä puutöihin. Jos joku maallikko kykenee nykypäivänä tähän ja viitsii nähdä näinkin paljon vaivaa, en usko, että monikaan tyttö kehtaisi kieltäytyä kosinnasta nykyäänkään.
~*~*~*~
Lovespoons are an old Welsh tradition. A man would make a decorative spoon for his loved one before the proposal. It was important for the girl's father to see that the young man was capable of providing for the family and woodworking. If an ordinary person could do this nowadays and would be willing to go through this much effort, I don't think that many girls would decline a proposal even these days.
Ylläoleva kuva on täällä kolmesta syystä:
1) Näette, että vaikka ruoka on toisinaan mautonta, en ole kuitenkaan paastonnut kahta kuukautta. (Huononäköisille tiedoksi: Minulla on kaunis kaksoisleuka.)
2) Näette, että alan saada tarpeekseni näistä ihmisistä täällä. *vitsi,vitsi*
3) Se saa minut hymyilemään.
~*~*~*~
The photo above is here for three reasons:
1) You can see that even though the food is sometimes tasteless, I still haven't fasted for two months. (For the weak-sighted: I have a beautiful double chin.)
2) You can see that I'm starting to have had enough of these people here. *kidding*
3) It makes me smile.
Ravintola, johon menimme St Fagansin jälkeen oli todella kiva. Otin kalmaria alkupalaksi!
The restaurant we went to after St Fagans was really nice. I had calamari for starters.







No comments:
Post a Comment