En varmaan oppinut tänään taas oikein yhtään mitään uutta, mutta alan jo olla tottunut siihen. Mutta huomasin taas, kuinka niin moni valittaa aivan turhasta ja toiset puolestaan vain hymyilevät, vaikka heidän elämänsä ei oikeastaan enää paljon huonommin voisi olla.
Lähdin suoraan harjoittelusta Cardiffiin, missä menimme katsomaan rugby-ottelua: Wales vastaan Samoa. Väkeä oli kyllä melkoisesti! Liikennejärjestelyt oli laitettu uuteen uskoon ja heti aikaa kesti ennen kuin löysimme lippujen keruupisteen. Hanna ja Susanna eivät olleet ennen nähneet rugby-peliä, joten sain siis kaivaa lajin sääntöjä aivosolujeni kätköistä. Valitettavasti Wales hävisi - niukasti, mutta hävisi kuitenkin. Minulla oli kaikesta huolimatta kivaa! Toki paremmin olisi päässyt tunnelmaan mukaan esimerkiksi Wales/Etelä-Afrikka -pelissä...
~*~*~*~
Today again I confronted bribery at my placement and I had Chinese food after a long time. All in all the day went by quickly. One factor was that I had to wait to be picked up for about 30 minutes (again) so by the time we had lunch, I hadn't actually been to that many homes. I did meet a man who had previously lived in Sweden. We talked about the Finnish cruise culture and the consumption of duty free alcohol. Those of you, who know what I'm on about, can probably agree with us (=it's quite horrendous). And those of you, who don't have a clue, you probably wouldn't believe me anyway...
I probably didn't learn anything new today but I'm started to get used to it. But I came to realize again how many people complain for absolutely nothing and then others just keep smiling even though their life could not be much worse.
I left straight from my placement to Cardiff where we went to watch a rugby match: Wales versus Samoa. There were crowds of people! The traffic had been reorganized and it took us a while before we found the place where to collect the tickets. Hanna and Susanna hadn't previously seen a rugby game so I had to dig up the rules from the caches of my brain cells. Unfortunately Wales lost - narrowly but lost anyway. I did enjoy myself nevertheless! Though I probably would've been more fired up had it been a Wales/South Africa match...
Päivän lounas. // Today's lunch.
Voin vain kuvitella, kuinka makealta tämä maistuu... //
I can only imagine how sweet this must taste...
Ennen peliä: // Before the game:
Pelin jälkeen: // After the game:
Tuloksen selvettyä päätin luopua takistani ja paljastaa villapaitani. Wales nimittäin pelasi punaisissa ja Samoa sinisissä. Olin varautunut kaikkeen. //
Ennen peliä: // Before the game:
Tuloksen selvettyä päätin luopua takistani ja paljastaa villapaitani. Wales nimittäin pelasi punaisissa ja Samoa sinisissä. Olin varautunut kaikkeen. //
After the result was clear I decided to remove my jacket and uncover my jersey. You see, Wales played in red, Samoa in blue. I came prepared.
Cardiffin jouluvalot. // Cardiff's Christmas lights.





No comments:
Post a Comment