Matkalla pysähdyimme maailman virallisesti pisimmän paikannimen omistavassa kylässä, lähetimme muutamat kortit, söimme ja jatkoimme matkaa. Juna ei varsinaisesti pysähdy pysäkillä - paitsi konduktööriltä pyydettäessä ja asemalla viittelöidessä kuljettajalle. Matkaan Dublinista kämpälle Merthyriin kului yhteensä 16 tuntia. Olimme melkoisen väsyneitä päästyämme perille. Mutta on kiva olla taas jatkuvan Internet-yhteyden ääressä!
Olen yrittänyt viikon aikana ottaa yhteyttä kotisairaanhoitajiin ensi viikon harjoitteluani varten. Alkuperäinen kontaktini on sairaslomalla, toinen saamani numero ei tiennyt asiasta mitään ja kolmas ei vastannut, vaikka kuinka yritin. En tiedä yhtään, mitä teen maanantaina... Itsenäistä opiskelua?
~*~*~*~
So we started our return journey at 7 am by leaving our Jackson Court hotel. We took the taxi to the Dublin Port, checked ourselves in at the Irish Ferries' desk and made our way to a nice table inside the ship named Ulysses. Susanna and I had hot chocolate and panini for breakfast whereas Hanna waited for the lunch time and had mushroom soup. We had good weather in Dublin but today was rainy again. Once the ship got to Holyhead we purchased train tickets to Merthyr.
On the way we stopped at the town which official has the world's longest name, sent a few cards, ate and continued our way. The train doesn't actually stop at the station - unless you ask from the conductor or signal the driver at the station. The trip from Dublin to our flat in Merthyr took 16 hours in total. We were rather exhausted by the end of our trip. But it's nice to be back to the constant Internet connection!
During this week I've been trying to contact the district nurses for my next week's placement. My original contact is on a sick leave, the second number I got knew nothing and the third one did not answer no matter how much I tried. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do on Monday... Self study?
Minulla on teoria, jonka mukaan kotini on siellä, missä hammasharjani ja passini ovat. Teoriani ei ole täysin vedenpitävä - siispä vahvistan teoriaani pykälän: "tyynyni". Eli kotini on siellä, missä passini, hammasharjani ja tyynyni ovat. //
I have a theory which states that my home is wherever my tooth brush and my passport are. My theory is not exactly bullet-proof - therefore I'm validating a section to my theory: "my pillow". There fore my home is where my passport, my tooth brush and my pillow are.
Susanna piirsi muotokuvani junassa. Mielestäni hän kyllä kaunisteli piirteitäni... //
Susanna drew my portrait on the train. I think she prettified my features...
Kuten jo aiemmin sanoin: Olimme melko väsyneitä. //
Like I said earlier: We were rather tired.






No comments:
Post a Comment